Originally from Miami Beach, Florida, born to immigrant parents from South America, Jennifer Cortes-Johnson attended the University of Pennsylvania, where she obtained her Bachelor of Arts degree in 1997. She then attended Tulane University School of Law, where she earned her Juris Doctorate Degree in 2000. Following admission to the Louisiana Bar, Cortes-Johnson commenced her law career as a trial attorney focusing her practice on insurance defense. After years of working in private practice, she was recruited by the insurance companies to serve as their in-house counsel. Jennifer has worked for both Travelers and Nationwide Insurance.
With over 20 years of experience in handling claims for insurance companies, Jennifer is using this knowledge to assist individuals in their claims. Jennifer understands the inner dealings of the insurance world, including the ins and outs of their claim managing process, which will serve to be handle matters for injured victims.
Jennifer Cortes-Johnson is admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in Louisiana. She is a licensed notary and is fluent in Spanish with a working proficiency in French.
- Tulane Law School, New Orleans, Louisiana
- J.D. - 2000
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- B.A. - 1997
- Personal Injury (Auto, Trucking, Motorcycle)
- Personal Injury - Premises Liability (Slip and Fall, Trip and Fall)
- Workers' Compensation (State and Federal)
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana
Fraternities or Sororities
- Alpha Phi
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Hispanic National Bar Association